The goal of the Economic Development Council is to make life better for the residents of South Miami-Dade where beautiful Cutler Bay is located. A top priority for the administration is to expand businesses and create jobs through the support of projects that are sustainable and resilient. Read on to see more about how an economic development administration near Cutler Bay fosters economic development through improvements to infrastructure, education, and the workforce.
Here’s How Our Economic Development Council Began
After Hurricane Andrew struck Florida in 1992, the damage was the worst a hurricane had ever caused up to that point. In order to ensure that this region recovered from the devastation, the Economic Development Council of South Miami-Dade was created. The goal is to support and grow our municipalities, our agriculture industry, our tourism industry, as well as to support the residents and businesses here.
The Economic Development Council of South Miami-Dade is funded through support of local businesses. Working as one collective voice, the council works to improve the community through projects that are sustainable and resilient. The council works to create a strong and skilled workforce, ensuring that South Miami-Dade including Cutler Bay is a place people want to live, work, and play for years to come.
Our Economic Development Administration Near Cutler Bay Helps Support the Following Industries
- Aviation: The area is host to one of the world’s busiest airports.
- Construction: The limestone industry here alone supports millions in revenue and over 14,000 jobs.
- Hospitality and Tourism: The area stretching from Miami to the Keys is a top tourist destination.
- Life Sciences and Healthcare: Healthcare is a leading employment industry.
- Manufacturing: This job industry has been steadily growing for over 60 years in our area.
- Retail: People from around the world come here to shop.
- Technology: This is a a rapidly growing industry, as tech startups continually incorporate in South Miami-Dade.
- Trade and Logistics: Our two local trade ports make this location ideal.
Our mission is to ensure the residents of this area have the best work-life balance to create a thriving community. Contact us today to learn more about how we’re ensuring South Miami-Dade is a great place to live, work, and play!